SquadCast App v5.0.8
Introducing new hotfixes for the SquadCast Platform
Please read on for details of resolved and outstanding issues. Let us know (contact [email protected]) if you experience any of the following, and we can help make it right.
Hotfixes & Features
This is a list of hotfixes and new features available in this version
- Included Error Checking when scheduling a session to ensure that customers clear see any issues when creating a session.
- Added Pending Show Invite to Show Edit Page to display any pending Team Member invites.
- Added a new Recording Countdown Show Setting to allow customers to set a countdown prior to recording starting.
- Fixed a Major Issue where sometimes the record button would be stuck on loading due to an issue with the Client.
- Fixed a Major Issue where the Hide Yourself Button was causing an error in the primary recording.
- Fixed an Major Issue with Accessibility and Screen Readers across the app where certain labels were not properly read by the screen reader.
- Fixed minor issue where Team Members would not load properly within the session creation page.
- Fixed a minor issue where Echo Cancellation would not save it's state on refresh.
- Fixed a minor issue where updating Team Members would not update properly after making changes to the Session.
- Fixed a minor issue with recordings not properly starting or stopping with the same timestamp.
- Fixed a minor issue with scheduling a session, now a default show will be selected from the Show Selection Menu.
- Fixed an minor issue where some trial customers where incorrect charged for a subscription.
Errors and Issues
This is a list of errors and Issues the support team and developer team is aware of and working to fix.
- Recording on MacOS with Chrome is causing an Audio Delay and a Desync issue in the final Primary MP4 Recording. At this time, it is recommended you do not use Chrome with MacOS to Record Primary Recordings.
- Solution: If you would still like to use Chrome with MacOS, we recommend enabling Pilot Program to use a new Recording Engine. This issue affects Chrome, and the Chrome Development Team is aware of the issue. This issue is not related to just SquadCast recordings. See Pilot Program Features below**
Pilot Program Features
We are offering the following Features to test for this release.
To enable Pilot Program follow these steps
- A New Way to Render MP4 Recordings from Chrome on all devices.
- This new Recording Engine will aid with the issue reported in the above Errors and Issues callout. Please Note this new Recording Engine will NOT generate a .webm file for recordings. This is a temporary workaround.
Community Updates and New Demo Video!
Check out our new demo video showcasing all the new features in Studio and Backstage!