SquadCast App v5.0.9
Introducing new hotfixes for the SquadCast Platform
Please read on for details of resolved and outstanding issues. Let us know (contact [email protected]) if you experience any of the following, and we can help make it right.
Hotfixes & Features
This is a list of hotfixes and new features available in this version
- Added a feature to allow Customers to Zip all their downloads into a single Zip File.
- Dolby Enhance now allows up to 10 recordings to be enhanced at once.
- Dolby Enhance now supports MP4 recordings to be enhanced.
- Edit in Descript now supports MP4 Recordings to be edited in Descript.
- Implemented a Master Echo Cancellation option to allow Show Managers to forcefully toggle Echo Cancellation on or off for the whole conversation.
- Implemented Participant Equipment Control. Allowing Show Managers to see participant equipment and allow them to make changes on their guest's behalf.
- Implemented a new Recording Countdown feature to allow Show Managers to set a Countdown before a recording starts. You can set this option under the Show Settings.
- Added a minor info tag to recording time page to display and explain recording hours.
- Added progress bars to customers with poor internet, needing to stick around while their upload catches up to their internet speeds.
- Added a new search filter, Date Filter, to allow customers to quickly filter their search results by date.
- Fixed a Major issue where some recordings were getting out of sync with their upload progress. This waaffectingng customers using FireFox.
- Fixed an issue with Unlimited Plans not properly allowing time to be added to the account and a false toast message appearing asking users to deposit time.
- Fixed minor issues with Dark Mode on several popover menus.
Errors and Issues
This is a list of errors and Issues the support team and developer team is aware of and working to fix.
- Cloud Recordings are producing a noticeable Echo on certain guest cloud recordings. We are monitoring and working to quickly patch this issue in the next minor patch.
- Recording on MacOS with Chrome is causing an Audio Delay and a Desync issue in the final Primary MP4 Recording. At this time, it is recommended you do not use Chrome with MacOS to Record Primary Recordings.
- Solution: If you would still like to use Chrome with MacOS, we recommend enabling Pilot Program to use a new Recording Engine. This issue affects Chrome, and the Chrome Development Team is aware of the issue. This issue is not related to just SquadCast recordings. See Pilot Program Features below**
Pilot Program Features
We are offering the following Features to test for this release.
To enable Pilot Program follow these steps
- A New Way to Render MP4 Recordings from Chrome on all devices.
- This new Recording Engine will aid with the issue reported in the above Errors and Issues callout. Please Note this new Recording Engine will NOT generate a .webm file for recordings. This is a temporary workaround.
Community Updates and New Demo Video!
Check out our new demo video showcasing all the new features in Studio and Backstage!